Marques Pombal - Prazeres Côta
/ Usually ships within 24H
Authentic Portuguese Product
- All orders under £135 are duty & tax-free
Secure payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in UK
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
The works of Parazeres Côta, akin to those of her mother, Júlia, evoke rural life in Minho, its traditional characters, and the influences of religious or mythological beliefs.
This statuette represents the Marquis of Pombal. It is the most authentic expression of the personal and creative universe of Prazeres Côta, who shapes clay naively, representing what she sees around her.
What I Like
- An uncategorized statuette blending craftsmanship and naive art.
- A burlesque and naive portrayal of a historical character.
- A unique work signed by its author.
- Height: approximately 9.84 inches
- Weight: approximately 0.5 kg
- Comes with its certificate of authenticity
For this delicate product, we recommend selecting UPS home delivery, including our replacement guarantee in case of breakage upon delivery.
The Côta family is the most charismatic and representative family of figurative art in Barcelos and the Minho region in Northern Portugal.
Prazeres, one of the daughters of Julia Côta, continues the tradition initiated by her great-grandfather, João Domingos Côta da Rocha, the creator of the famous Portuguese Rooster (Galo de Barcelos).
Already honored as the revelation of the year at the Feira de Barcelos in 2018, the pottery museum has included her in an exhibition called "Geração Côta" and presents several of her works belonging to the museum's collection and private collections.