Carimbada I Handmade Ceramic Bowl 6.3'' - White
- In Stock / Same day shipping
- Genuine Portuguese product
- No Duties or taxes on orders below $800 I £135
- Safe payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
- 4-5 days Carbon-neutral delivery
- 30-Day exchange or refund policy
Large bowl of 16cm in diameter that can be used for breakfast, soup as it is traditional to serve as a starter in Portugal, but also fruit salads and cereals.
This ceramic piece is entirely turned by hand by Simão Rebocho, a Portuguese master potter who refuses the use of molds. Its small imperfections and imperfect circle reveal the craftsman's gesture and give it its unique character.
The totally manual manufacturing process uses local, 100% natural raw materials and does not use lead or toxic materials that lower the cooking temperature.
Firing at very high temperatures gives this piece unique colors and makes it very resistant and durable. It can be washed in the dishwasher and is compatible with microwave ovens, but if you want to preserve it, we advise you to wash it by hand.
Why I love it
- The singular character of each piece.
- The finesse, lightness and solidity.
- The natural and ecological manufacturing process.
- Diameter: 6.3"
- Height: 2.4"
- Dishwasher compatible.
This workshop creates ceramic pieces with organic and natural forms. The manual work of the clay, the use of new processes of molding, glazing and stamping allows the creation of new shapes and colors. The pieces created in this way develop naturally from the shaped material, resulting in pieces that are unique in their small differences. Please check out this great collection by clicking the photo below.