Copper Cataplana Pan 11.8'' - 5/6 people
/ Usually ships within 24H
Authentic Portuguese Product
- All orders under £135 are duty & tax-free
Secure payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in UK
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
This Cataplana is an authentic Portuguese Cataplana pan hammered and tinned with copper, manufactured in Barcelos in Northern Portugal. Due to its traditional manufacturing, this Cataplana is a healthy and solid utensil that will remain intact after years of use.
Made up of 2 half-shells connected by a removable hinge and equipped with a closing system, the Cataplana makes it possible to steam quickly, preserving food and using very little fat.
Why I love it
- Fast and healthy cooking with little fat.
- Steaming preserves the texture and taste of the ingredients.
- Used for the preparation, cooking and presentation of the dish at the table.
- Traditional Cataplana in copper-tinned aluminium.
- Uniform heat distribution due to copper coating
- Flat bottom for gas or electric fire (not induction compatible)
- Diameter: 11.8''
- Capacity: 5/6 people
When cooking with your Cataplana, do not use metal objects (spoons, forks, etc.) and do not wash it in the dishwasher, with dishwasher detergents, steel wool pads or any other abrasive product, as they could scratch the protective pewter surface or the copper itself.
Never put the Copper Cataplana on the stove or in the oven without putting enough liquid or grease on it to prevent it from drying out.
Copper gets colored when it heats up. It is best to put the cataplana in hot soapy water right after use to soak up any food scraps. Then clean the Cataplana with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive products for cleaning.