Boneca Minhota 15,7" - Prazeres Côta
/ Usually ships within 24H
Authentic Portuguese Product
- All orders under £135 are duty & tax-free
Secure payment by credit card, PayPal, Apple Pay...
Eco-friendly delivery | 4-5 days in UK
- Exchange or refund within 30 days
The works of Parazeres Côta, like those of her mother, Júlia, evoke the rural life of Minho, its traditional characters, and the influences of religious or mythological beliefs.
The Boneca Minhota (Minho doll, from the northern region of Portugal) is a naive representation of the women one can still meet at markets or local festivals. She is presented here adorned in her finest attire, wearing her most colorful dress.
Why I Love It
- An unclassifiable work between craftsmanship and naive art.
- A burlesque evocation of the inhabitants of Minho.
- A unique piece signed by its author and certified.
- One-of-a-kind piece delivered with its certificate of authenticity.
- Height: 15,7 inches approximately
- Width: 6.3 inches approximately
- Weight: 2.5kg approximately
For this fragile product, we recommend selecting UPS home delivery, including our replacement guarantee in case of breakage during delivery.
The Côta family is the most charismatic and representative family of figurative art in Barcelos and the Minho region in northern Portugal.
Prazeres, one of Julia Côta's daughters, continues the tradition initiated by her great-grandfather, João Domingos Côta da Rocha, the creator of the famous Portuguese Rooster (Galo de Barcelos).
Already honored as the revelation of the year at the Feira de Barcelos in 2018, the pottery museum has included her in an exhibition called "Geração Côta" and presents several of her works belonging to the museum's collection and private collections.